Noise Gate for Single rectifier

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vertigo

Reaction score
Got my first Mesa(Single rectifier series 2) really good and so loud.

When I mic my cab up with my band the high gain hum/buzz is driving the the rest of the band insane, so what you may think !!!!
I agree. Anyhow I am looking at noise gates to cut down eliminate the noise.

Has anybody got any recommendations, I have been looking at the Boss and the electro harmonix

Any help would be appreciated.

I have also done the mod to change the parallel effects loop to series, it sorted my delay pedal out, now everything is sweet

ISP Decimator or ISP Decimator G String

I think maybe the G String is best suited for you sins you want to get rid of ALL the am noise (loop).
I've got the "ordinary" Decimator up front to kill feedback mostly and I don't care much about the preamp noise.

You could fit the basic Decimator in the loop also, but I'm guessing that the G is better for that. And remember... the Gstring is NOT two noise gates in one, more complex than that, I'll leave the readup to you!

Had the MXR smart gate once but it was not fast enough... if I was not playing metal It would be an option too.

nicke

isp decimator. put it last in your signal chain before the amp. i personally wouldn`t bother with the g-string model, unless your running the gain past 2:00.

lailer75 said:
isp decimator. put it last in your signal chain before the amp. i personally wouldn`t bother with the g-string model, unless your running the gain past 2:00.

Yes, the Deimator would be sufficient.

Regarding the Gstring, try to get hold of fluff191.. I believe that he have some experience from that pedal.

nicke

Thanks for the advice, does the ISP cut out the hum when the guitar is not being played ???

The noise you get when the amp is an overdrive but not being played

vertigo said:
Thanks for the advice, does the ISP cut out the hum when the guitar is not being played ???

The noise you get when the amp is an overdrive but not being played

It depends on where you put it in the chain, in loop or front.
If you want to take the AMP NOISE (the total amount of noise generated by guitar, pedals, preamp and stuff) out as much as possible, the loop is the place. So yes, If you want to cut out hum and hiss put it in the loop (I my self only care about controlling feedback so I have mine up front, first in line next after a tuner)!
A noise gate only takes care of what's happening BEFORE it. If you using a delay or a reverb thing going on in the loop then place this AFTER the noise gate.

nicke

I use the Boss NS-2 and for the price is a very good pedal and doesn't afect your tone, plus it can also power up some more pedals (9v).

I used a MXR Smart Gate with my Single Recto and still use it with my new Roadster, nothing bad to say about it. It gets the job done and doesn't suck your tone.

Latest posts

Back