Bottle Rocket or V-Twin?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtnb1kr

Reaction score
I'm thinking about an overdrive pedal for my DC-3. Just as a boost and a little added drive for lead. I've never liked any distortion/overdrive pedal I've every tried so I'm thinking I'd like a tube driven one. For what I want is the V-twin which is actually a preamp too much. How do you guys like the Bottle Rocket. My local (40mi away) doesn't have either in stock so I can't exactly try them out. I'll probably be e-baying them.

I have no experience with the V-twin, but I understand it is quite nice & might give you more variety.....

I do own & LOVE the Bottle Rocket. Like most things, if you change the stock tubes (I use JJs) & don't dime all the knobs, it is seriously sweet!

I use the Bottle Rocket just like what you're looking for...to boost the initial tone & not necessarily distort it.

I use an EQ for a boost & then hit the Bottle Rocket for OD....very nice smooth transitions.

I'll give you the other prospective if you will. I am on my 2nd V-Twin and use it all the time. I own a Road King head and utilize for a boost on the ch 2 "brit" setting. I also use with my Laney VH100R.

I use the blues mode and the clean mode for a boost when needed. It is very versatile. I have no experience with the bottle rocket but like puckboy99 stated that the secret is if you don't dime all the knobs you can get some very nice tones.

I would suggest that you try and find a store that has one or both and bring your guitar and amp if possible so you will have the exact setup you are looking for.

Good Luck.

Latest posts

Back