New Boogie owner and new forum member - pedal question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FPFL

Reaction score
Greetings,

I'm lucky enough to have just bought a Stiletto Ace. After months of amp swapping and auditions I feel that I've finally found home. FWIW, I prefer the amp with NOT vintage 30's. They are too harsh for my tastes... but I digress.

I've got one question - there are two jacks on the back that relate to the footpedal - one for the channel switch and one for the solo volume boost. The amp comes with one standard stereo cable so it seems I can only set up for switching the solo or the channel even though the Mesa pedal has two buttons....

Do I need to buy a Y cable to be able to do both from the one pedal?

Seems odd to me but maybe there is something I'm missing. The manual didn't really clear this up.

Thanks!

Paul

Congratulations! Welcome to the Boogie Board!! Hope you like your amp!
About your question:
Do you plug your footswitch into the front or the back? Because plugging it into the front where it's labeled ft. sw. (near the guitar input) would probably make both features work. The back two footswitch outputs are for external triggers i do believe, and not your pedal. But that's my thought, and i don't own one...so if that isn't it, please don't blame me lol. :oops:
Good luck bud!

-AJH

EDIT: Also, if there is an effect loop on/off switch, Turn it ON, because on most Boogie amps, the solo feature ONLY WORKS WHEN THE FX LOOP IS ENGAGED...Can't remember why, but that's how they roll i guess :lol: . Hope everything works out, Take care!

Thanks! Its good to be here. I don't know why it took so long for me to get something that said Mesa Engineering! I was avoiding the obvious answer for too long.

I tried both front and back to the same result but maybe I need to try again.
Sadly my beastie of an amp lives in my band's practice space and I only see her 2-3 times a week so this test will have to wait for Wednesday night.

-P

....as MesaENGR412 said..."loop has to be on to make BOTH buttons work.You do not have to have any effects running thru it though.
Engaging the F/X loop now makes the overall Master & Solo volumes work,BUT,I have found it just robs something(alittle darker sounding,no tube "push") when you put the F/X loop into play.
Anyone else with comments on that?

Latest posts

Back