channel switcher?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shai`tan

Reaction score
Hyas all. I usually post on the other Mesa forums, but it seems pretty lifeless. Anyways.... I have a Mrk III Simul-Class Imbuya combo. And decided in the last 6 months to add an Imbuya extension cab. Got all the goodies and have the cab/box made so far. Imbuya with hidden dovetails. Etc. In short, visually it will match the combo chassi.

I built a single rack slot into the cab, to house my Rocktron Xpression. The Xpression is controlled with the Midi Mate. I just found out lately that the older Replifexes allow amp channel switching. WTF the Xpression doesn`t allow this is anyones guess. At any rate, , a Harmony Central poster pointed me to Axess Electronics "AC8 Amplifier Switcher".

addendum: It is the cfx4 that I need. Coolness.

Here is the Axess link incase anyone wants to take a gander.

http://www.axess-electronics.com

I use a different midi floorboard: the behringer fcb1010. This one has two jacks for channel switching, I use them to controll the bypass function and the channel switching of my v-twin preamp pedal. I think the g-major effect also has one of these jacks, but I think you can switch between 4 channels (I think you should read the g-major manual for details).

i have the fcb1010 also i use it with my 3 channel triple rectifier i seems to work flawlessly. i use an old as dirt alesis quadraverb for effects and it sounds great. for the money it is the best midipedal with channel switching.

Shai` tan,

I use the CFX4 with my Behringer FCB1010 into a G-Major for my Road King. The thing is awesome!!!! I'm a midi idiot...the CFX4 changes all 4 channels of the RK. Another cool thing about them is that you could have more than one to run things like 4 seperate channels (Road King), reverbs, Solo boosts, etc.

If you go the CFX4 route (which the guys at Mesa all like), see if Mario would build you a custom cable for your rig. He couldn't do it for my Road King (well, not for a reasonable $$$ amount), but it couldn't hurt to find out about your rig. I love the thing, it is so easy and seamless.

I've got a Nomad 100 212, and I bought the Axess CFX4 to control it via MIDI. It's the bomb! I love having the ability to change amp channels and effects settings with one simple program change. Mario Marino builds 'em great, and he's the greatest when it comes to customer service. You can't go wrong!

Back