Pandora PX4d

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iFreedom

Reaction score
So I've been on the road lots lately because of work and I picked up one of these bad boys. I chose between this and the pod pocket. With the drum/bass tracks and the decent sounds, I figured the pandora was teh way to go. It is just perfect for on the road.

Anybody use this and have some decent settings to share? I'd like both a good metal and blues setting. Right now I use Nuglory and add some delay and modified the blues setting and works decent using my emg axe which is my road axe.

I've never tried the pocket pod or the pod 2.0 so I always wondered which was better sonically, but for the price, I don't think you can beat the px4. Any thoughts?

I have the Pocket Pod and the Pandora PX4 (the blue one). The Pocket Pod sounds are better to me, but the Pandora has the metronome and the backing track, so for practice, it's great.

I just tweaked some of the stock sounds. It seems like the 4x12 emulations (especially the "modern") are very trebly - I end up using the 1x12 cabs a lot.

I love the pandora. I got one from a friend a few years ago and it was my main practice rig when my son was sleeping. There are some good sounds in there. Even the funky ones that sound like weird old synths

Scott

I LOVE the blue PX4. My only advice is try the DYNA effect for clean sounds. The amp models don't have a lot of clean headroom, so I often just turn them off, and use DYNA to brighten the sound.

Also use a GOOD pair of headphones with high sensitivity like a Sony MDZ-700 or Koss Porta Pro. Same as an amp, the speakers you use will make or break the tone.

I have a PX5, too. The effects for bass are really nice, even on guitar. However, it sounds quite different from the PX4. Not better or worse, but different. It's also quieter. The USB functions are really useful, too.

Back