Mesa Abacus Does not respond

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zedisdead

Reaction score
Hey boogie guys,

I bought my rig today : triaxis v 2.0 + fifty fifty power amp. The sound is amazing all is working wonderfully.

But I don't understand the behavior of my abacus :

- All the leds are okay, they light up when I plug power in it (with phantom power or just directly)
- The program number stays at "00", the channel at "1"
- When I press the switches, nothing happens on the displays nor on the triaxis.
- The channel is well configured on the triaxis (at "1") but I also tried all the channels (1 to 16)

So, do you have any idea to make my abacus more useful than a bunch of shiny leds ? :(

I may have some bad news for you.I too had a TriAxis at one time and for some stupid reason I got rid of it. I have an Abacus that I was using but when I got rid of the Triaxis I didn't use it. I recently bought a Single Rectifier and got an effects processor so I thought I would use the Abacus for switching. I plugged it in and it did the same thing yours is doing. I took it to a music store that does repairs. The tech contacted Mesa and told him that the there is a ROM card in it that is probably bad and that they haven't made the ROM card in 8 years. Thus I now have a useless pedal which sucks because it is perfect for what I want to do. If you find out any way of getting it fixed please post and let me know. I really want to use this thing. Sorry for the potential bad news.

I contacted Mesa, they said that the "00" display on the program number means an out of order unit. No more details but the price for repairing would be around 180 dollars according to them.

Went to a local repair shop too, same price for repairing.

I managed to make a return to the seller? I will get my money back.

Hello,

I have the same problem.

The power supply is not "stronger" as it should. (12V AC / 10VA)

I have plugged a 12V AC / 2A PSU and it works.

I have the Abacus since 8 years now just changed the "bidouille" by a regular PSU this morning.......

Latest posts

Back