Mesa High Gain Switcher

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndyK7XL

Reaction score
Hey,

Has anyone used one of these before? What did you think of it. How did you use it? Does any have a pdf of the manual? Can you send it to me?

Thanks for your help.

Maybe I should clarify what I want to do.

I have a Recto Pre and Formula Pre. I also have a 2:100. I will run the 2:100 into 2 2x12s so I can get a stereo spread. I will get either a G-Major or G-System in the coming months to get some FXs going.

Now what I would like to do is use the switcher to be to switch to either preamp going into the 2:100 or any other stereo preamp and get the FXs on either preamp and not be restricted on which one I would use with the FX.

Is this even possible at all?

Will the high gain switcher be able to accomplish this? It seems like it could if I understand the little amount of literature I have been able to find online.

Is there an easier way to accomplish this?

Thanks for any opinions or help anyone gives me.

I wanted to do something similar, but I didn't want to hunt down a out-of-production switcher to do it... so I just got a Switchblade 8B. It's more versatile, programable, but also costs more.

I use it to combine my 2 Mark III heads, triaxis-2:90, Marshall 9001, and G-major into one guitar rig, with a 4x12 center cab and two thieles on either side in stereo.

I think the only way you could do that with the Mesa switcher would be to put the g-major after the output of the switcher, but then all of your sound would always go through the g-major in series... :?

edit - added linky: http://www.soundsculpture.com/products/switchblade_features.htm

Back