Rocket 440 combo footswitch replacement HELP!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

finespun

Reaction score
Hey everyone, Im new to this board so hello to everyone!

Im a Mesa Rocket 440 combo amp owner and I love the amp but I hate the footswitch! Its a 5 pin din connector switch, not your normal fare. You can see it here:
http://store.yahoo.com/mesa/fcrkt440.html

My prob is that the housing of the switch is such that my foot hits the plastic on the pedal before it hits the switch making the switch cumbersome at best.

I wanted to change it to something less obtrusive like this:
http://store.yahoo.com/mesa/rocket.html

But that doesnt have the right connection for my amp(5 pin din)

In turn, All I want to be able to switch is Clean to Dirty- if I can switch the contour channel-bonus-if not, I never use it anyhow!

Does anyone know where I can get such a swicth that would work with my amp? Doesnt have to be Mesa made! Ive already called Mesa and they say that they dont make anyting else for it. Help anyone?
Thanks
Oren
www.finespunmusic.com

Hi Finespun

This looks like my Nomad footswitch, which has a DIN connector and lots of logic ICs inside . . . very complicated and specific to the Nomad.

One possibility, determine whether the actual switches are momentary, latched, SPST etc. I bet they are momentary SPST. If you can figure this out, you could possibly buy individual switches that stick out more, making them easier to hit with your foot. You would then have to get out the soldering iron and replace the switches, but this isn't too hard. A tech could do it for you in a half hour or less.

Interesting, I would rather have a whole different housing for the pedal as it also takes up tons of room on my pedal board though. I also dont use all the switches, like I said, I only want a clean/dirty and if i get a contour fine. I wonder if I could just find the box of my choice, which would be like the other link I posted in my last entry and move the stuff from one housing to another.

No one you know of makes a replacement pedal except mesa eh? Thats a shame!

Let me know what your thoughts on moving the housing would be!

are there individual 1/4 jacks for each of the functions? (ch/ rec /contour) My MKIV has the multi pin connection but also has individual jacks for each function so you could use the 1/4 jack type on/off footswitches.

If you do have the individual jacks you could..
A. Buy an enclosure ( hammond makes good ones) and some switches and jacks and make your own.
B. buy a few of the readily available on/off type footswitches.

My .02
Scott

Back