Dual Caliber - 5 and pedals

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barkythedog

Reaction score
i hope this in the right place .Ive just bought a mesa boogie dc-5, i plugged in my boss gt-8 and it just killed the tone now the question is is it worth peservering with the gt-8 with its various cabling methods, or should i get an individual overdrive (compression) chorus and delay pedals, if so which ones would be best for the amp (im a newbie so sorry for being dumb) thankyou for any help Barky.

Hi,
I am not familiar with the GT 8 but assume you can place dist / overdrive effects before the amp and echo etc in the loop. Up until recently I used a boss GX700 for my echo, delay etc in my loop (Mesa Mk1 re-ssue) with a few drive pedals in front of the amp. I have now gone for a selection of pedals all in the front end of my amp. I basically got a bit tired using presets and am now enjoying tweaking all my new toys. I feel you kinda play safe when using rack type gear. As I use my drive pedals to get my dirt I don't bother with the effects loop so it depends if you use your amps distortion, the way you set up. Some pedals I can recommend are: Keeley TS9 & DS1 Ultra & T Rex Compnova. Good luck I think you will enjoy playing with some new pedals and you can always change pedals as your taste or style alters.
Youngie41

thanks very much for the heads up m8 much appriciated, im actually picking up tonight an, overdrive/ compression pedal to try for a week or two cant remember the name but will post brand tonight for some advice thanks again. Barky

I am using a visual sound route 66 overdrive / Compressor pedal but im currently experiencing feedback despite keeping the settings low is it best on the dc 5 to run the pedals through the front input or through the send and recieve at the back to avoid this problem, Thanks for any help Barky

Put them thru the front end of your amp. I have heard about the Route 66
stuff but never used them. They are supposed to be excellent. I have started to use a bit of compression with my overdrive and really like the extra clarity and sustain I get. I would only use the loop for echo. delay & modulation type stuff and that is only if you use the dirty channel of your DC. At the end of the day if it sounds good to you that's what counts.

YOUNGIE41
thats what im currently doing im just getting a little feedback not sure wether this is down to the battery in the pedal being a bit flat or settings too high (im sorting a power supply this week) by the way m8 thanks for your help its appriciated, Barky

You don't say if you are overdriving your amp as well as using some compression and overdrive from the Route 66 pedal. I have my Mk 1 set fairly clean and just tweek the pedals at the front end of it. Could you possibly be pushing both the pedal and the amp a bit too much. Hey, there is nothing wrong with that it just depends what you are looking for.
I am sure you will find the sweet spot you are after.

no i havent set the amp for anything to agressive i suppose im after an early metallica, judas priest, accept, sort of sounds.

Youngie41 m8, right i have now aquired a boss bcb-60 pedal board so thats seems to have sorted the hum and feedback and now ive bought a boss mt-2 everything is complete, Barky

Back