v-twin capable of rectifier/mark IV sounds?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willrock

Reaction score
heloo guys, first time here! i just got a v-twin, and i know the clean channel is pretty good, how bout the lead channel? what should i do to the tubes or something to make it sound rectifier or mark IV? if possible

Use the Power Amp output of your V-Twin. It has a lot more juice than the Guitar Amp output.

In my experience (which does not necessarily implies that I'm stating an absolute truth) the V-Twin Lead mode can produce a relatively Rectifierish tone - but the gain is considerably lower, I used it in conjunction with a booster to get that hi gain lead you're probably thinking of.

As far as it goes for the Mark-like tones, I don't think it comes even close to that tone.

If it had been as easy as buying the v-twin I would have skipped buying the Mark IV... I am still looking for Recto sounds though. Let me know if you have any success getting them from it. As of now, I am starting to look for a suitable Recto.

Hi, Russ

Getting a Recto really is the solution. If you want to save a buck and get really awesome cleans, get the Rect-O-Verb series II head. I currently have a V-Twin, and have owned a Trem-O-Verb and DC-5. The V-Twin does not do Recto, but it gets really close when you use the power amp output. Otherwise I think of it as a higher quality Big Muff.

Back