Jewel light colors - whats yours?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dylan7620

Reaction score
recently during recording with all these amps all over my loft i swapped the purple light from my nomad with my buds red light on his F-50 combo. i thought the purple on the combo gave it a real classy look while as the red on the nomad head gave it a slightly meaner look to it. oddly before the combo looked plain with the red and the nomad looked sissy with the purple.

so whats your color? :shock:

Neither of my Boogies have jewel lamps, but my THD Univalve uses a yellow one in the noise reduction reduction circuit. I was looking to buy several different colored ones a couple years back but they wanted $7.00 each so I said the hell with it.

My MkIII is missing its light cover. The bulb currently glows pink. Lol.

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement? I'd like a blue one is possible.

My Mark IV has no jewel. I think they decided at Boogie that Mark IV's don't need a jewel because they have their treasures in the sound and versatility. j/k

I think it is odd that the Mark IV has no jewel. But then again, where would they have put it? The control panel is too full as it is. We do get 5 LEDs though to let us know what we are doing. If it were not for the channel lights it would be difficult to know in low light whether or not the thing was even on though without playing or looking at the tubes without the eq or loop engaged. It is nice to have LEDs in the footswitch too. It helps to locate it in the dark.

I have thought about adding a jewel but haven't a clue where it would fit. What about on top? Maybe a few....? Make it look like a truck? I think maybe I'll spend more time playing it than looking at it and forget about it.

I just had an idea.... What about a lit toggle switch? Not a rocker but one of those toggles that has a light that shines through it. They have really cool ones that are not just that cheap plastic crap either. They have cool metal ones that have a ring or tip that lights when powered up. Maybe a two color one for the full power/tweed power and a single color for on/off. It might get confusing though with the LEDs already over there for eq and loop though.

What about LEDs in the eq sliders? Red would look pretty cool.

Maybe some little LEDs shining down on the knobs that you can turn off or that are sound sensing that pulse to your music? That might be a little much.

I have been thinking about making a replacement grille panel that I can reuse the grille cloth and putting something in there that lights up. Maybe a programmable bank of LEDs that you can put messages in. You could ditch the grille cloth and install a backlit sign too. I just want to make it more interesting. I don't think a clear panel would look too good on the short head though because it is too cluttered with the fan and reverb tank.

Or what about a cool LCD that has one of those fireplace fire scenes in it so it looks like your amp is on fire? Then you could watch movies on it if you were bored. Or you could even scroll something on it.

Sorry to get a little off topic but the idea of adding a jewel got the fire burning to customize the head.

redmax61 said:
I got a purple one thinking it would be really cool. When the amp is on, it glows pink.

Mine is red.

keithus77 said:
My MkIII is missing its light cover. The bulb currently glows pink. Lol.

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement? I'd like a blue one is possible.

Pink? Come on! Real men are not afraid to wear pink... No! it's salmon! :lol:

I got a blue one. SWEETNESS!

My amp originally came with the RED and then i bought the PURPLE because against the chrome chasis and black diamond plate it looks like a black light. I also recently went ot a music shop and found fender jewels they had in the back for years that they were selling for $3 each, so i got GREEN and BLUE.(These work fine as a Mesa Jewel replacement.) I also found an cool looking turqouise jewel on a Fender Cyber Twin, but the wouldn't take it off to sell it to me haha. So, I am currently looking for that, ORANGE, and CLEAR, and possible another BLUE because the one i have looks almost purple.

So yeah, i change them whenever the mood strikes me, right now it's GREEN and it looks like Hetfield's in their studio.

-AJH

blue on my new roadster and my old F50...

MyF50.jpg

mine's purple.

i want to put some cathode lights in it to make the whole amp glow though..

lydisk said:
mine's purple.

i want to put some cathode lights in it to make the whole amp glow though..

LOL

I just got a purple one myself. I also bought blue led strips and zipped tied it to that metal bar in the back of the amp. OMG it looks so sweet! it looks like the amp is alive! Ill try to get some pics.

Russ said:
I just had an idea.... What about a lit toggle switch? Not a rocker but one of those toggles that has a light that shines through it. They have really cool ones that are not just that cheap plastic crap either. They have cool metal ones that have a ring or tip that lights when powered up.

whoa, that IS a cool idea, where did you find metal illuminated ones???

Latest posts

Back