G MAJOR QUESTIONS? WITH GROUND CONTROL

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Im new to this product and im considering buying it with the ground control, i just don't know how to use it really and how it works, i have a mesa duel rec, and in the newar future i plan on buying a backup amp, but i wanted to know how it really works with the ground control and will i be able to change channels on the mesa with the ground control or still have to use the foot pedal it came with. if any one that owns it can help me that would be greatly appreciated

This is from the TC forum:

Question:
I keep hearing conflicting stories. I want to use my G major to change all 3 channels on my Mesa Boogie Dual rectifier. Some people have said they used a simple Y connector where as other I've heard you need to buy an Axess electronics CRF4 and there is no way around it. I'm not sure what the proper answer is but I haven't had much luck with simple connections. I also am afraid to try simple set ups since I heard it can ruin the electronics if not properly set up. Getting kind of frustrated here. Any one know one way or another?

answer:
Here's to offical response from TC Electronics:

This answer is valid for all these models: Dual and Triple Rectifier, Rectoverb, Lone Star and Lone Star Special, Solo 50, Roadking, Express.

According to Mesa Boogie Tech dept, these units require an isolated ground connection for each of the rear panel 1/4" external switching inputs.Since Y-Split cables are sharing the ground, they cannot be used from the G-System or G-Major (which output connection is TRS) because they could cause damage to the amp switching network.

You can still use mono cables from the GMajor / G-System to any of this amp. This will obviously divide by 2 the switching possibilities since only 1 relay per output can be used.

An other solution is to use a switching device such as AXESS ELECTRONIC CFX4 or MIDI SOLUTION R8 in combination with the G-System. Note that the R8 is midi powered only and requires an adapter available at MIDI SOLUTIONS that can be powered by one of the DC 9V outs of the G-System : The G-System does NOT provide Midi power.

Other switching devices :

Nobel MS4, VINTECK (www.vinteck.com ) , RJM Amp Gizmo.

The Mark series (Mark 2,3 & 4, Quad, Studio Preamp, formula Preamp, V-Twin rack Preamp) can be used with Y-Split cables.

Found at: http://forum.tcelectronic.com/viewtopic.php?id=1006

hope this helps you out

Latest posts

Back