Renovating my pedal board...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBlackman

Reaction score
Ok, i'm completely flip-flopping on what to keep and what not to keep. Here's what i have now, and i don't use them all, but i now have room for 10 pedals on the board, these are in no particular order other than in loop or front ended

In Front:
Tuner (ok, not really an effect but a great mute switch!)
Boss Compressor CS3
Boss Auto-wah AW2
Crybaby 535q Wah
Crybaby Q-Zone
Copperhead 2-Channel Booster
Keeley Modded Boss DS1
Keeley Modded Boss Metal Zone
Boss NS2 Noise Suppressor
Boss Volume Pedal

In Loop:
Boss Flanger
Boss Chorus
Boss Digital Delay
MXR 10 Band EQ
Phase 90

So, what would you keep and what wouldn't you?

Now, i won't be putting the volume or 535q wah on the board, and i don't need the ns2 (anyone interested?). We do mainly hard rock and metal covers with a little bit of country thrown in for good measure. Plus, i'm half tempted to just put the amp on ch3 vintage and just go guitar->boost->volume->amp and just use the volume to go from dirty to clean...maybe I have too many choices? Or maybe i just need a bigger board!

I've had a Keeley modded DS1 and OD1 in the past and replaced them both with a Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor, w/ a Mullard 12AT7. It's more natural and tube-like, and integrates with the amp in a way that it doesn't sound like there's something in front of it...sound like your amp but w/ more gain. If your getting rid of your OD/dist units, that'd be my suggestion. I also replaced my MXR KFK 10 band EQ with a vintage Boss GE10; sounds pretty gnarly...great for erly VH tones and classic rock. Also, the BYOC Ross compressor clone is a great sounding, very transparent compressor; the barber tonepress is a bit more pricey but it's pretty nice as well. :wink:

I'd ditch the MT-2. Keeley mod'd or not, high gain metal needs to come from the amp.

Oh, i just have the metalzone and ds1 for if i have to use my back-up amp, i go with the roadster all the way for gain! i just picked up a flanger and volume pedal too so now i've got more choices! Plus i threw some el-34's in the amp! I'm really thinking of just going with the amp and a boost plus one of the crybaby's since they have a boost built in, and maybe the delay in the loop. i'm spending too much time on this and not enough time playing! Maybe i should just say f**k it and plug strait in lol!

30 years of playing live and I'd keep the tuner, 1 wah, 1 delay, and Maybe the eq.

Back