Analogman Bi-chorus in FX loop Mark III?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DStout

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am considering buying an Analogman Bi-chorus. Does anyone have experience with using one in the FX loop of a Mark (III)?

Does the Analogman have any noise problems?

Thanks for your replies

Douke

i owned a bi-chorus for a few months. dead quiet. sounds great. never put one in my effects loop though, or used w/the amp mentioned. can only comment on the fact that it's quiet and sounds great. i only use chorus effects w/clean sounds so i always put it in front of the amp. unless you need your chorus, post-preamp distortion, why would you want it in your fx loop? ultimately, i got rid of it because i found i really didn't need two channels of chorus, plus i needed money for some other stuff. interestingly, i found a used (35 bucks) electro-harmonix small clone- which i believe is the pedal the analogman is modeled after, and it sounds **** CLOSE! after some a/b'ing, i found that if i rolled my strat's tone down a bit (from 10 to about 7) i could cop about 95% the analogman's sound. a good comprimise to me. now that i think of it, just email analogman and ask him if he thinks the pedal can live in an fx loop, or not. good luck.

AnalogMan efects are awfully well made. The BiChorus is as quiet as can be and allows for lots of tweaking, and two settings to switch between. I run it through the effects loop, too, in an F-30. I also find that it runs clean through the front, but I've been experimenting with keeping types of pedal effect separate.

I am currently running an autowah/filter (Emma DiscumBOBulator), Analogman Delay, the BiChorus, and an MXR flanger through the loop; and, I keep a Peterson tuner, RMC2 wah, Keeley Compressor, and distortion (Analogman Turbo Tube Screamer and a Wampler Plextortion) through the front (both loops in that order). The theory is to find the tone before running it through any kind of modulation. Also, each pedal on the front end has a level adjustment, and I find it easier to keep all of that together. I find that an Ernie Ball stereo volume/pan pedal helps to keep levels constant if I get too involved with stomping on things.

I also like to keep the effects on the loop turned to higher sensitivity and adjust the loop interaction with the amp's effect volume. This works well with pedals that do not have a level adjustment.

Ironically, I find that the amp sounds so good that I am using less of the front end pedals, so at some point I will be left with only an input cable and the loop, and maybe some compression.

In any case, lots of experimenting with the order of effects will pay off, and in the end, it really matters only what sounds best to you. You can't go wrong with the BiChorus, though.

Latest posts

Back