Roland, Boss, Mutron, Boomerang and Road King

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Too Big Power

Reaction score
Hi All!

I'm new here and I'm not trying to reinvent the wheel, but I have some issues with my fx loop 2. Let me start by explaining what I have and how it is set and then I will explain the problem I run into.

First, have my Mutron c100 volume/wah pedal plugged into the front of my amp. That connects to the mutron II envelope filter. THat connects to my GR33 which is connected to my VG88. Those are linked via 13pin cable with the gkp4.

Then I have my fx loop 2 send 2 to my dd6 input, which is connected to a boss harmonist, which is connected to a boomerang sampler whcih is connected to the fx loop 2 return 2.

PROBLEM: My fx loop 2, when activated, cuts my volume way down and the tone is messy. By messy I mean that if I activate the fx loop the tone on channels one and two sound muddy and distorted when they sound clean and crisp without the loop.

I have tested each effect by itself with my fender blues deville and they all work. I noticed that my delay is more pronounced on the fender than the Road King even though the settings on the dd6 remain unchanged.

Also, I keep the fx loop levels set in the "normal range" on the back of the head.

Does anyone have any suggestions or set up ideas?

Thanks for all your help!

Joe

Wow.... you are one of the only two people that I have ever encountered that has the Mutron Volume/Wah... I have one too.. love it.

As far as your question, I would expect the same levels to be for the Fender to be consistent. I would probably suggest getting something along the lines of the VHT Valveulator or the Rocktron loop or Scholz Octoplus to balance out levels.

I heard that there is a new Carl Martin effects loop controller that is key...

The c100 is really nice. Its very quiet. I actually use the biphase, too., but I need to get the jack for the B phaser fixed. I'll try out some of your suggestions for loop management and let you know. Thank You Kindly for the tip!

Joe

Back