Vox tonelab with a DC-3

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

larseko

Reaction score
Hi again,

thanks for the advice when I bought my Dual Caliber DC-3. It's really a great amp that covers most of the ground of what I'm playing, from blues, jazz, to that eighties Metallica sound. At least almost. However, some times I want more gain and maybe slightly different gain, so I have tried my homebrew ZW-44 with it, but that doesn't really work. The pedal sounds very good with my Marshall JCM900 (which I'm going to sell), but doesn't go with the Mesa. So I am now considering one of those VOX Tonelabs, which I have heard a lot of great things about. With those I will be able to access a lot of other "amps" too, and some effect. Besides, I will be able to use it with my laptop for recording, so I'm sure it will be worth the money.

But there is one thing. Will this go well with the DC-3? Have anyone here tried this or a similar combination? Of course, many people hate just the idea of putting something like that in front of a tube amp, but sometimes one would like a little more than that specific amp has to offer. There are the practical expression pedals on the SE edition etc.

Any opinions on this combination?

If you dont like it, bring it back. I never put any digital poducts in my signal path. The ADA conversion kills the tone. Some Boogie's do seem sensitive to how much you can boost them with. The best I have found was the Klon Centaur.

Oh no, I won't return it. I like it way too much for that, its just occasionally that I'd like another sound.... I think I'll just experiment with different DIY pedals. I'll check out the centaur.

Thanks!

Lars Erik

Back