Replacement jewel lights?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sgtbaker said:
You can buy them for $5 each on the Mesa website under accesories.. kinda expensive though.

True dat. You could probably pick one up at your local RadioShack or similar store for much cheaper.

guitargeek62 said:
...for a single recto head, would fender ones be ok or are they different?
Are you looking for the lamp or the lens?

The lens can be bought in several different colors and are a standard size. I think most music stores carry them.

Hmmmm... sounds like something i might do to my 2ch DR when it gets home just to make it more individual.

Maybe I will get a clear one and paint it a custom color inside or even use a true white bulb.

What about an eyeball or a small red dot on a smooth lens?

t0aj15 said:
Russ said:
The Jewel lens' are cut glass not smooth.

You can get a lens that is smooth. I have seen them on other equipment. It is just a matter of finding one that would fit. When I was in the service they were all over our machinery so I know they exist. Thyey might not be original Boogie fare or even typical amplifier light lenses but it sure would make an interesting light lens.

I bought my DC-5 used, and it came with a smooth blue lense, which I thought was original. Way cool, anyway. 8)

Everyone has red lenses... :p

I had blue on my Peavey XXX - it's a standard Fender part. Mesas lenses are the same on the DRs... Blue was really cool, but I don't mind the red one for now...

Russ said:
t0aj15 said:
Russ said:
The Jewel lens' are cut glass not smooth.

You can get a lens that is smooth. I have seen them on other equipment. It is just a matter of finding one that would fit. When I was in the service they were all over our machinery so I know they exist. Thyey might not be original Boogie fare or even typical amplifier light lenses but it sure would make an interesting light lens.
But those are not jewel lens' they are just round lens'. The reason jewel lens' are called that is because the glass is cut so that the light is defracted in such a way as to make it sparkle. I have seen the plain ones and they are rather boring. Lots of companys use plastic light these days also but to me that's just cheap looking.

Back