Schema for footswitch DC5

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

satriani

Reaction score
I just stumbled into this board, and found already lots of good info...
However, im looking for a schema for the footswitch of the MB DC5, which has the Lead / EQ switch on the front. I googled around, but cant seem to find it...

Basically what i need to figure out is this:
what switches what:
Does the front-tip of the jack-plug switch the lead or the EQ. Or does the middle-ring does this?

(When i look at the plug, it consists of 3 areas: the "front-tip", "middle-ring" and the rest to the end of the cable, usually used for grounding.

Sorry if I cannot make myself more clear, English is not my native language, especially when using technical terms... So providing me the right technical terms would be appreciated as well..

I don't know for sure, but since these are just low voltage shorting relays it will be easy to find out.

Just take a stereo cable (meaning a cable with tip, ring, sleeve on each end) and plug one end of this into the footswtich output of the amp.

Now take a piece of wire and short the tip to the sleeve. Something should switch, either the channel or the EQ.

QED...

Chris... 8)

Sounds pretty obvious to me... I could have thought of that myself :roll:
Ill give it a try, and post the answer...

Any idea how to connect LEDs to this footswitch?. I know the original DC-N footswitch has one LED per button. If anybody here has the pedal, could you post a pic of the inside?

Thanks,
David

for LEDs, Mesa seems to have switched where the LED appears in the line circuit when they switched to the multi switch pedals.

older (single usually) switches: the LED is connected to the ring & switch

newer (multi) switches: the LED is connected inline from the Tip (from the DIN Jack) to the switch as all switches use a common ring.

NOTE: the LED will only work if there is voltage in the line (usually channel, contour, lead, rhythm, effects loop), however you could make a "powered" (with a dpdt) switch that uses power from another source to light an led (or cathode tube etc etc)

Latest posts

Back