Throttle Box sounds thin!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guitar137335

Reaction score
Hi,
Am trying to get a crunchy, classic vintage Rock tone from my Throttle box but having no luck :cry: I'v tweak the setting changed the switch in the back but everything sounds so thin,weak, like theirs a blanked on the amp( am using mini recifier) here's my Chain cryBaby-FM4-Whammy-tube screamer type-overdrive-TRottle box-phaser Gibson
Any ideas?
Thanks

Guitar137335 said:
Hi,
Am trying to get a crunchy, classic vintage Rock tone from my Throttle box but having no luck :cry: I'v tweak the setting changed the switch in the back but everything sounds so thin,weak, like theirs a blanked on the amp( am using mini recifier) here's my Chain cryBaby-FM4-Whammy-tube screamer type-overdrive-TRottle box-phaser Gibson
Any ideas?
Thanks

To be quite honest, the Throttle Box is not the pedal for getting a Classic Rock tone. Its a high-gain distortion pedal - you would be better off with a Grid Slammer or Flux Drive. Thanks!

I thought so, I brought it for my old Line 6 amp and it sounded great for metal. then got the mini recifier and wanted more of a vintage crunch sound but can't seem to get it. I'll check the Flux Drive also looking at the Rat as it can go Blues to Chainsaw Fuzz!
Thanks.

Have you explored what you can get from the amp? I've been gigging with a Mini Rec for over two years now, and there are all kinds of classic rock goodness available just from the amp itself. Have you tried the "pushed" setting or the "clean" setting with the gain dimed and the volume cranked? The "vintage" setting with the gain rolled back or the guitar volume rolled back also gives some great classic rock crunch. I've found that the secret for good classic rock tones from the Mini Rec is that the volume should be considerably higher than the gain. THAT is what gives a more open, less compressed sound.

FWIW, I have a Grid Slammer I keep on my board. I use the amp OD probably 90% of the time, but the GS is a great pedal for a "third channel" option.

Latest posts

Back