About replacement faceplate membranes for the Triaxis

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Delicieuxz

Reaction score
Mesa hasn't had them available for a long time, and based on what they told me when I spoke with them recently, they aren't planning to get any more.

I think that's a disaster and spells doom for a lot of Triaxis out there whose buttons barely work or are close to falling off. How will people keep those units in service for another 10 - 20 years? It's practically unheard of for an amp to be unrepairable, and particularly Mesa amps which are reputed for their sturdy construction. But it seems that's the situation that's being headed towards for the Triaxis, due to its faceplate membrane design that is an Achilles Heel for the posterity of the units.

I hoped Mesa might order some more faceplates for the sake of their legacy, and with the Triaxis being a legendary rack preamp and a significant part of that legacy. But it was out of the question for them when I pressed for it. Mesa was firmly not interested in ordering more. They said it wouldn't make sense for them, business-wise.

But I wonder if a third party could license the Triaxis faceplate membrane design from them and get a bunch made and sell them. I suggested the idea to Mesa, and it sounded like they would consider it if somebody serious about it reached out to them about the idea. It might not be cheap to do (I've no idea what it would cost), but it could possibly be profitable in the long-term, and it could save a ton of Triaxis from becoming e-waste.

I'm putting this out here so that someone interested might look into a licensing deal with Mesa about this.

Back