Triaxis Membrane possibly available!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luca80

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
as you might already know, replacement membranes (front panel) for Triaxis units have been discontinued since 2017 and Mesa factory no longer has them in stock. Same thing with the other place I found, Meinl.de and there is no plan/hope to have them available again.

So I contacted one of our suppliers where I work and they can actually make them, which is great news!
The only thing is about quantities, they would do it for a minimum order of 20 pieces because of the designing part involved.
Estimate price would be 250 USD (225 EUR or 350 AUD) per piece.

Anyone interested in getting one?

Thats really cool if it pans out! But am I hearing 250 USD for 1?!?! or 250 USD / 20 pieces = around $20 a piece?

Never said math was my strong suit - I'm a rock guitar player that can only count twelve.

Price would be 250$ per piece. Unfortunately it's not just a matter of producing one (or 20), it requires a reverse engineering process, in order to get dimensions, layers, programming cutting machines, … in fact total price for having just one or 20 made is almost the same, for all those reasons.

Consider approaching Mesa about it. They might want to buy some from you for them to stock for repairs.

That might help you to get the per-piece cost down to something much less painful.

Guys, PM me if you are really interested in it, as I mentioned we need to be at least 20 to make an order.

Not sure how late I am but I'm desesperately searching one of those as well. The contacts membrane on mine still work perfectly but the ovelay is destroyed. I planned to have one overlay made so I made a design in Illustrator. The fonts differs but the scale is identical. Not sure if it could help and how I could upload my model but if so I'll gladely do so.

My model on Illustrator is made of layer for each machining process, leds see-through, tinted windows, colours, cut-outs, tactile bumps and the dimensions are perfectly to scale, here what it looks like once flatten:

Triaxis-Panel-Layers-Final.jpg

Could it be useful?

Back