50/50 export model's wiring of primary and varistor photos?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joey_truelove

Reaction score
I'm amidst of trying to sort out this converted american model Fifty/ Fifty. The PT seems to be the export version, so that checks out. But it doesn't have a varistor and the voltage is much higher than expected, unhealthily high if you're the screen grid of a 6L6GC.

As it were it didn't look very stock at all. Probably even the power-cord was replaced and the wiring of it and that of the switches was all over the place. Unfortunately the PCB is charred or has deposits on it which makes the traces difficult to see. I could measure the traces, though, to figure out which goes where. But some visual reference would really have been great here.

You wouldn't have photos of this portion of an export version Fifty/ Fifty, please? Or should you have one and find it in yourself to take some snap-shots of it? Preferably stock or at least in stock configuration, as reference.

Well, any and all in reference to the wiring of the primary and its components is of great help at this point.

Hi Joey,
I don’t have a 50/50 but I do have a diagram for one, it’s not that great but it is still one.
On it it says variations to voltage of 20% are normal. If you’d like it, I can email it to you.

Cheers Brett.

MesaMad1378 said:
Hi Joey,
I don’t have a 50/50 but I do have a diagram for one, it’s not that great but it is still one.
On it it says variations to voltage of 20% are normal. If you’d like it, I can email it to you.

Cheers Brett.
Yes, you're quite correct about that. However + 20% does put the output valves in a bit of a hazard, particularly the screen grids are likely overtaxed by some margin.

Thank you that would be very kind of you.

Back