Just how is the OT of the 50/50 wired?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joey_truelove

Reaction score
I'm about to re-cap my 50/50, a bias pot fitted and possibly even looking into having the OTs replaced.

However I just don't get the wiring of the OT secondaries. The 8 ohm outs appear to have twin leads, orange and yellow. If I got it right the OTs were designed for 8 ohms, be it 2 x 4 ohms or single 8 ohm loads, so I'm under the impression it's wired in a particular way, externally and internally to reflect back 8 ohms or a split load of 4 ohm.

You wouldn't have some insight to share on this, please?

joey_truelove said:
I'm about to re-cap my 50/50, a bias pot fitted and possibly even looking into having the OTs replaced.

However I just don't get the wiring of the OT secondaries. The 8 ohm outs appear to have twin leads, orange and yellow. If I got it right the OTs were designed for 8 ohms, be it 2 x 4 ohms or single 8 ohm loads, so I'm under the impression it's wired in a particular way, externally and internally to reflect back 8 ohms or a split load of 4 ohm.

You wouldn't have some insight to share on this, please?
I don’t know what you mean by “designed for 8 ohms”. The secondaries values are based on that output tap’s ratio to the primary. Your assessment of the wiring sounds wrong. An 8 ohm tap is an 8 ohm tap, a 4 ohm tap is a 4 ohm tap.

What does your schematic tell you?

Dom

Back