Quad preamp - no sound

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neuk01642

Reaction score
Hey all
New to the forum and to Boogie.
I bagged a Quad pre second hand that I’m hugely excited about.
Running it in conjunction with my L6 Helix and, the idea was, using the KT88 power section of my Blackstar Series one head.

For the time being let’s forget about the Helix.

But damned if I can get a sound out of it so wanted to check to see if I’m doing some stupid.

To test, I had the Quad with my guitar going straight into the back and then main output A coming out to the FX return on my amp.

Is there anything there to raise concerns?

It all lights up but no sound out of the main outputs or the recording outs which i tested by taking a cable out to my interface input. Nothing.

The foot switch works fine and changes channels as you’d expect.

I’m connecting it using standard instrument cables all of which work.

Any suggestions? Am I doing/not doing something?
I know Boogie advise using only boogie power amps but I’ve seen vids of people using guitar amps.

So what’s the prognosis? Is it destined to be returned or am I doing something dumb?

Thanks in advance.

Matt

I never owned a quad but I did own a studio pre-amp and there is an abundant places to send an output, try everything with the power amp's volume low. Make sure you get a signal from the power amp by plugging your guitar in straight in the input first. If you don't get sound with a guitar plugged straight in, it's not the quad.

Back