Triaxis needing a suitable power amp

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trevjo7

Reaction score
Dear all,

I'm new to the forum and am in need of some guidance. I've a 1992 Triaxis and require a power amp for it. The main feature I'm searching for is (apart from a great tone!) being able to access high quality tones at lowish volumes. I live in relatively small house so cannot blast the amp, hence the question.

Any suggestions most welcome,
Trev

If you're trying to stay with Boogie, you might want to try and find a used 20/20 Dyna Watt amp. Single space, EL84 powered.

They're pretty rare but occasionally, they'll pop up at guitar center or craigs list.

When I had a Triaxis in my studio, I used to run it clean and sent that signal to a Marshall EL34 50/50. The power amp was full on in the studio and it fed a pair of 1X12 Marshall cabs with Celestion G75 drivers. One cab was mic'ed with an SM57 and fed into the control room. The sound was fantastically spongy and loose with the power amp distortion. Loved it. I realise you are after a lower wattage solution but you may perhaps get whatever Power amp you want and run a THD hotplate or similar.

Back