Strategy 500 vs 400 vs Simul 295

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulyc

Reaction score
I have a Simul 295 which is fantastic, but I have a chance to own a Strat 500, how do they compare ? Where does the Strat 400 fit in ? I've heard people say the 400 sounds thicker than the 500 which seems kind of counter intuitive...any opinions here ?
Thanks !

They are really differents.
2/95 and Strategy 400 are made to be the cleanest possible and to avoid any distortion from the power section.
395 and Strategy500 are made to be used in combination of a preamp.

In other way, if you are interested in wet/dry or stereo rig, I will go for 295/400.
If you want to associate to a triaxis for exemple I will go for a 2:90.

I have the 295.

I have discussed about it with Makus at Mesa.

As I have a triaxis I have tested it in the 295 and in the return of my recto.
The power amp are 2 differents sounds but the "modern" option is really a good option.
As the 295 is not designed to have a distortion (negative feedback etc etc.....) You will have only the sound of the preamp itself.....Many players don't know that and are excited with their sound.
It doesn't meen that the sound is bad, but it's really really fuzzy, ultra dynamic/uncompressed.

the 395/400/295/500 are old now and you should care about servicing the caps and the tubes, it's really expensive.

Latest posts

Back