Triaxis coming, using with Road King?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vipmetal

Reaction score
Has anyone been using Triaxis in the effects loop of Road King? There was chapter in RK manual about this, but I’m asking here some advice. I’m getting new TriAxis tomorrow and have been wondering about to use both RK and TriAxis preamps and switching them with Rocktron Patchmate looper.. any concerns or things I should worry?

Preamps often sound better using heads for power than actual power amps. Should sound pretty good. For a while I had a studio pre and I ran it into the return of my Stiletto and it sounded great.

Ok, sounds great! Looking forward to apply best of both preamps and use Progressive Linkage with TriAxis modes. Say LD2 Green and 2xEL34 and 4x6L6 power amp. :evil:
We have studio booked for April and plenty of time to investigate the sounds.

Do you guys have any knowledge of this:

When I tried Triaxis in the effects loop of Single Recto, I lost some of the treble. In fact both Single rectifier preamp or Triaxis sounds were muddy. Is that because of parallel effects loop? Even now, Triaxis straight into the effects loop return of Single Recto sounds bassy and not clear at all.. Quick test at band practice space with Road King however didn’t seem to have that muddiness...

You said the amp is muddy by itself? If the triaxis is muddy going in it might be something with the power section of the Single. take two 6L6’s out of the road king and put them in to test the power tubes. Also grab a 12ax7 and put it in the pi slot of the single. This will at least eliminate tubes.

vipmetal said:
Do you guys have any knowledge of this:

When I tried Triaxis in the effects loop of Single Recto, I lost some of the treble. In fact both Single rectifier preamp or Triaxis sounds were muddy. Is that because of parallel effects loop? Even now, Triaxis straight into the effects loop return of Single Recto sounds bassy and not clear at all.. Quick test at band practice space with Road King however didn’t seem to have that muddiness...

When I loaned the single recto on couple of occasions the fx loop behaviour was always subpar compared to Mark III or Roadster. I usually ended up with loud hum or motorboat sounds (fx with kill dry enabled). So I kinda ditched the idea of using the whole loop with SR ;)

Idk if the loop is just not working with external preamps (without serial loop mod)?

Thanks for the tips! It seems strange that I had sounds predialed with SR and with RK, I had to take down treble and presence. I believe it might be just that parallell loop itself. As there is no problem with TriAxis out of loop. Even with the Mooer Shimverb at SR effects loop, everything’s seems to be ok.

Whatever the case: My god what sounds where there with RK and TriAxis combined! :twisted: :mrgreen: Best sound I have ever had! I was always dissapointed with TriAxis and Single Recto together. I realised that muddiness after I took out the second preamp out of the rig. Now with RK, everything is crystal clear. TriAxis sounds great with tube rectifiers and different power tube configs. Even though I was quite pleased with RK and BB Preamp and other pedals infront (with switcher), now little crunch/blues sounds truly shine and clean is ”spankier” with TA. And lead sounds are somewhat smoother with TA as well.

Single Recto is good by itself at home and as a backup amp for gigs. I even pulled off Guthrie Gowans Advanced Techniques -book and started to play after a long break from training something new.. :lol:

Back