2:90 with balanced input signal

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Demon Of The Fall

Reaction score
Hi all... I recently bought a custom 4x12 which is 8ohms mono and 4ohm stereo, I also own a 2x12 rectifier which is 8ohms... I would like to run the mark v in the 2x12 and use the slave out to feed both inputs of the 2:90.

I'll need to clone the signal from the slave out with an splitter like the radial LX-2... I also own a DI box countryman type 85.... both of theses option send a balanced signal...

The 2:90 can manage balanced signals?... thanks in advance.

Best regards
DZ

Hi there,
Happy New Year

The inputs on the 2:90 are mono so sending the balanced signal to it will only go to it as a mono signal.
Not sure if you need to bridge the ring and the sleeve, as in TRS, to make the connection.

Cheers Brett

Hi There,

What are you sending balances signals from to the 2:90?

I had my G Major 2 in between my Mesa High Gain Amp Switcher and the 2:90, it has Balanced outputs that you just use a mono TR cable for and it works fine.

Cheers Brett

MesaMad1378 said:
Hi There,

What are you sending balances signals from to the 2:90?

I would like to use the slave output of the mark v to feed the 2:90 but I need to clone the signal first, and all splitters I been looking has balanced outputs, like the radial LX-2....

Hi there,

An ABY pedal such as the Radial ABY will do it easily, I have one of these, they are good because they also have an isolator, phase reversal and ground lift switch, very handy.

I found that the slave out of my Dual Rectifier wasn’t very good, but that was to blend Amps to. I found the cab clone was better or my Webber attenuator.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back