Quad Switching with 1/4" Jacks

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Koadogg

Reaction score
I recently picked up a Mesa Quad (for the fourth time!) to add to my rack. I plan on using midi to switch channels with the 1/4" jacks. However I am trying to wrap my head around the switching logic since there is a jack for a four channels. I under stand the basic switching but usually one jack toggles between two channels. Closed is one channel and open is the other channel. How does it work with a jack for each channel? I know there is the easter egg where you can have Lead 1 and Rhythm 2 on at the same time and the converse. but am I to assume that to switch between Lead 1 and Rhythm 1 I need to turn one on and the other off? what if they are both on or both off, is there a default? I am asking be cause I need to order a cable from RJM to control the quad but not sure if I need to get one 4, 6 or 8 1/4" plugs. Is anyone switching channels in this manner?

Thanks,
Scott

I understand that. But I'm sure it won't let you turn all four at the same time. Which overrides which, etc......

None are engaged by default, each jack engages one. And I believe if you engage two, one per channel, it'll engage both. Anything beyond that you'll really just need to plug something in and experiment. It may in fact let you engage all four and open up all four audio pathways which probably wouldn't generate an ideal sound.

I just asked this ? at a local music store. You would build the patch to send multi signals at once, on to turn on a channel one to turn off. It actually should not be that hard, as well as being able to send a signal at the same time to switch on eq, or reverb on off , or boost, as well as turn on and off some effects loops patched in to the signal via the ground control unit If you should need this option it will probably set you back around 300$ to do it right.

Also I once just used 4 latching switches for a practice and I had accidentally run rhythm and lead 1 at the same time, for a very short period, The real easter egg is for me was running lead 2 and rhythm 1.

Lok

I'm using an RJM Midi Amp Gizmo with a TC G Major 2 and it's easy as pie to program. I simply select the program number on my pedalboard, this sends an omni signal to the Gizmo telling where it is and then I set the preference on the Gizmo manually, press write and that's it. Likewise I select the program I want on the G Major, write it and I'm away - the same patch is be selected for multiple program numbers automatically, it ain't complicated like midi mapping used to be... thank f***!

Back