mesa studio pre IIC+ mod how to?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirk19

Reaction score
Hi

I searched the forum for the correct schematic to do the IIC+ mod to a studio preamp. I found several ones but some look different. Does anyone have the 'correct' schematics or knows how to do it? Is this an official mesa mod or was it an indepent job?

Thanks

As far as I know anything you find online is just guys like us thinking about how to do it.

Also, there's different levels of mods: there's modding the lead channel, but there's also adding the pull Deep, Bass Shift, and Lead Bright toggles into the Studio Preamp like the IIC+ which some optionally do.

Also, there's lead schematic differences in the IIC+ itself between different models. There is a bright cap in the Lead channel specifically which caries between the SlmulClass and non-Simulclass models. I think the SimulClass power amp was less bright and harsh, so they didn't need to dull the highs, but on 60 or 100/60 models a cap was needed to smooth out the high end. That's just one example of variations in the "correct" IIC+ circuit.

Back