switching/isolating channels with triaxis/2:50 set

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

backyardburial

Reaction score
I currently play a Triaxis/2:50 setup through one side, and yse either a 5150 (or whatevers available) through another cab on the other side of the stage at gigs.
This is really just for short breaks in songs where one guitar track drops out etc. Its not because I have to have 2 different sounding amps.
Whats the best way to use for example and ABY switch and then switch channels on the 2:50, if this is possible?

I have a Lehle ABY, ideally id like to be able to run A and B on the power amp together, but then be able to isolate A and B as well. I need to keep the lehle on the ground, and would like to minimise
the amount of cables running to and from the amp top the floor, if anyone has ideas please let me know!

I'm confused?

How are you runnig a 5150 (or whatever is available) through one side of the 2:50?

You can't switch channels on the 2:50 itself, you can have a device mute the signal going to one side or the other, which would have the same effect.

Sorry Vick, I didnt word that very well.

I run a typical ABY setup, it just so happens that one side (A) is the 2:50, so in essence there is 2 sides on one side. The B side is a 5150 into its own cab and completely isolated from the Mesa side.
I only use the two sides so I can drop out one guitar in certain parts of songs, so if I can do that with the 2 channels of the 2:50 I could negate the need for a whole other head. I spoke to someone on the weekend and he said I can possibly do this with a Boss LS-2. Im not really familiar with this pedal but I gather I can use the A+B setting and when I engage the LS2 I can than have either one channel, or both at the same time. I usually have both channels on, its literally just a few parts in songs where I like to drop one channel, then bring them both on for a bigger effect. I guess if I do this though I cant "ping pong" between sides like I could with the ABY though...hopefully that makes sense. What I really asking I guess is can I use the 2:50 like 2 separate amps?

Technically you could put another A/B between the existing A/B and the Mesa, and it could control the signal for each channel on the Mesa.

You'll need something between the Triaxis and the 2:50 which can mute one set of signal going to one side of the 2:50.

As mentioned above, you could run guitar -> Triaxis -> one output to ABY -? 2:50 L and R -> Left and Right cab.

Then you can use the ABY to pick one side, the other, or both sides of the power amp to see signal. You could place this before an stereo effects you have as well.

Or you could use any sort of pedal that can mute, and just place it within one side of the signal path, like
guitar -> Triaxis -> L out to 2:50 L
--------------------|-> R out to pedal that can mute -> R input of 2:50

Back