Witch Power amp for my Rectifier Recording Pre-Amp

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nexis

Reaction score
Hi! I have recently bought the Rectifier Recording Pre-Amp. I need now to compine it with a power amp. Since I dont need great power an 20/20 would be very ok. But mesa boogie 20/20 is discontiniued and I can not find it. But someone near me is selling a Stereo Simul-Class 2:Ninety. Since it is used I can buy it at a great price.. But... Would I be able to play in low volumes? So.. 3 choises
1. Wait till I find some used mesa 20/20
2. Buy the used 2:Ninety at great price
3. Buy a Stereo 2:Fifty new or used If I find some...
Help!

The 2:100 is made for it, with dedicated Recto Preamp inputs and modern mode jack. The thing is an absolute beast though. I thought the Recto pre sounded good with my old 2:50, but I would think the 2:90 would sound better than the 2:50. The 2:90 is also the most feature rich Mesa power amp. The 20/20 would be a waste.

Thank you for the reply. But will be possible to play low volume? Or i need higher volume so power amp can work normaly?

You can get a good tone even at very low volumes from all Mesa amps, it just rquires some tweaking of the controls, and setting them with your ears, not your eyes.

nexis said:
Hi! I have recently bought the Rectifier Recording Pre-Amp. I need now to compine it with a power amp. Since I dont need great power an 20/20 would be very ok. But mesa boogie 20/20 is discontiniued and I can not find it. But someone near me is selling a Stereo Simul-Class 2:Ninety. Since it is used I can buy it at a great price.. But... Would I be able to play in low volumes? So.. 3 choises
1. Wait till I find some used mesa 20/20
3. Buy a Stereo 2:Fifty new or used If I find some...
Help!

Connect a TS cable from the Preamp's Modern Trigger Output Jack to the 2:90's "Modern Voicing" Input Jack to get a properly sounding Modern Mode. Between the channel Masters, the Output Level on the Preamp, and the Output Levels on the Power-Amp, you should be able to play it at a low volume.

At the end I bought a used 2:fifty since i dont need the power of 2:ninety and cost was much lower. Now i need to save money for cabin. What would you choose? 2 cabins 1x12 or 1 cabin 2x12? Or something else?

Latest posts

Back