2:100 modern mode...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The guy I bought my 2:90 from created an "always on" 6.3mm jack by connecting signal to ground and plugging it into the Modern insert (I think I've got that right...).

I guess the other way would be to use some other switching option on the likes of a TC G-System/Major or possibly rigging something up with the likes of an RJM Mini amp gizmo...

Exactly. You can use a GCX or other loop switcher as well.

If that's the case, I think I'm just going to pull the jack off the panel, leave it hanging inside with a TS cable plugged into it (heat shrinked of course), and wire the cable end to a mini toggle, and mount it in the hole.

Love it - great idea.

I'm a total electronics n00b so any kinda of howtos and photos would be great. Very interested to know how this works out for you.

OK, so the mini toggle replacing the jack is a no go, the jack is mounted on the I/O PCB with the rest of the jacks.

I made two solutions, one is a a 1/4" TS plug with the sleeve solder point cut down to about 1/4", and folded on top of the tip solder point, and soldered to it. I then glued two plastic 1/4" jack nuts back to back and tightened them down over the exposed solder joints, and filled the open portion with liquid electrical tape. This is of course an always on solution.

Then I cut down a plug much in the same way, and soldered the mini toggle legs directly to the plug, and heat shrinked the exposed connections. The amp sounds much better in modern mode.

My main concern however, is not only the fan. It is very loud, even though it does have a pleasant character. But the heat this thing generates is no joke, it could easily be used to heat a small room, I am not joking. So I am in the market for a better solution, maybe a 2:50/2:90 or Fryette/VHT.

Love this amp, it's just too hot and fan too loud for my needs. So I'll take her back to GC. Just ordered a 2:50 from Mesa Hollywood to replace her.

Latest posts

Back