Control with Axe Fx2 midi

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kavevester

Reaction score
Arghhhhhhhh... Using to much time setting things up instead of playing. The simplest thing here should be to have the Axe controlling the Triaxis.

I set the midi on Axe to 1.
I set the Triaxis midi to 1.
I put a cable from Axe Midi Through/out to midi input on Triaxis.

When I change preset on Axe nothing changes on the Triaxis.
Should preset number follow program number?
Not to sharp on this program no on the Triaxis.
What do the programs in Triaxis do? Map to other presets or? Really not a lot to read about this in the manual.
So if I want preset 1-10 on the Axe -> select preset 1-10 on the Triaxis I should what on the front of the Triaxis????????

Stock, a triaxis lines up presets to MIDI program changes, then after 100, it starts over again. This does not mean yours is set that way. What I would look into is making sure both channel 1s are the same, as one unit may start at 0, and the other at 1. Alternatively, if TriAxis offers an Omni mode, you could try that (but I don't see any mention of Omni in the manual). Will your footswitch change settings on the triaxis of you plug it straight into the TriAxis?

But how to set the Triaxis to Midi-Omni (listen to all channels) ?

Programs may show 1 when I change from 1-2-3-4 etc. I remember last time I used the Tri i think this program counter also showed the same as the preset number. Now it stays on 1 and don't know how to change if it should be changed.

Is program 1 triggered when selecting/sending preset 1 from the controller?
And is the purpose of programs to then map to whatever preset in the Triaxis?
If yes how do I program no. 1 to trigger preset no. 1?

So these programs (which I don't quite get) in the Triaxis should I do anything in relation to them or is it enough to:

set Axe to Midi-1
set Triaxis to Midi-1
Plug in cable from Axe out to Triaxis in.

What MIDI controller are you using? How is it connected to the Axe FX? IIRC, If you are using the MFC connected to the fas-link or ethernet port, there is a setting that needs to be enabled to pass MIDI data to the MIDI out/thru port.

If you are using a standard MIDI controller connected to the 'MIDI In' on the Axe FX, try connecting it directly to the TriAxis 'MIDI In' and then linking to the Axe FX 'MIDI In' from the TriAxis.

~Icarus

Back