Rack EQ?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lukeness

Reaction score
I just got a DBX 215 and I wanted to try it out on my amp... how can I go about incorporating it into my rig?

I'm suspecting that the line signal isn't enough so I'd probably have to go into the fx loop.

Any suggestions?

I use the same eq! I put one side of it in the effects loop of my Nomad 100, and I use the other side for my Rocktron Banshee talk box in the PA. Both sides have the same curve, basically to increase the upper mids. This eq really has more range than a guitar amp can benefit from, I think it was designed for PAs and DJs.

Do anyone know about a "box" that i can place before my amp to raise the guitar signal and take the signal from the box thru EQ's and stuff and after the chain take it back to the box to make it to guitar level??

RB

I'm not really sure I follow you... but I think you can plug: Guitar > Direct Box > EQ whatever > Amp.

The DBX I used, didn't need a Direct Box if I wanted to put it before the amp... but it would probably be a good idea, as there was some noise.

But in the fx loop, it sounded freakin' awesome anyways... I'm not playing... it sounded phenomenol.

The box is an Ebtec, but you're better off buying an EQ that's designed to work at the correct level.

The Furman PQ-3's have high and low impedance inputs/outputs. I don't know what other EQ's do that, but I'm sure they're out there.

i just bought an alesis deq230d from mf on sale for $249. it is a dual unit with 31 bands 1/3 octave eq, 30 memory locations and midi. you can run one side to hit your preamp with the frequencies you want to emphasize for the high gain effect and then use the other side to smooth things out in the effects loop right before the power tubes.

Back