Triaxis/G-Major/Mark V with Rocktron midi controller

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lcwoods529

Reaction score
I'm sure this has been covered a billion times but, I can't find it or wrap my head around the explanations given. I need someone to explain this to like I'm an idiot ;)

I want to run my Triaxis with a G-Major into the Mark V as the power amp. The reason I'm doing this is because I have a 2:90 that is in need of repair so I need a temporary setup.

OR, what is a simple way of using the G-Major with the Mk V?

I need to know exactly what input/output jacks each cable would be routed to. I had it working when I had the 2:90 in place but now that I'm going about it differently I can't seemt o get the G-Major and Triaxis to sync. I know the MK V is different animal is does not switch in the same manner.

Again, explain it to me like I'm a n00b. You need a degree to understand MIDI, I swear

This is how I have setup my TriAxis with a G-Major and a Head

Connections:

Guitar > TriAxis input

TriAxis Out to G-Major Left input

(On the TriAxis, you can use outputs A or B doesn't matter, and some people prefer the record outs... choose whichever you like best. You can even use both outputs A & B into G-Major Left & Right Input; but I wouldn't since you are using a mono power amp in the Mark V)

G-Major Left output to Mark V FX Receive
Then, of course, Mark V to cabinet

MIDI cable from foot controller MIDI out to TriAxis MIDI in
MIDI cable from TriAxis MIDI out to G-Major MIDI in

You can reverse the order going from foot controller MIDI out to G-Major MIDI in, then G-Major MIDI out to TriAxis MIDI in

~Icarus

Back