Recto Recording preamp: FX loop issue

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Airfish12

Reaction score
I just bought a used Mesa Recto recording preamp and I really love how the thing sounds, compared to my previous Engl E530 preamp, but I have a technical issue. When I use just a little bit more aggresive settings on the chorus, delay and reverb in my pedal board (connected to the loop), I strum a chord, or just a single note, on either channel or mode, and after 2-3 seconds of the chord/note sound a very unpleasant low-frequency hum/feedback kicks in. Even if I turn down the FX send pot all the way to minimum (10% mix), it still happens, not as dramatically, but it does. Do you think this is normal? My old Engl E530 preamp was able to handle even much much more aggresive FX settings, without doing this, so I somehow can´t believe the Mesa´s behaviour is OK. And I´m 100% my pedalboard is OK, I have checked it on that Engl - no issues there.... Pls help me on this, I really appreciate all your replies!

vick1000 said:
Did you retube it? Could be a bad tube driving the FX loop.

And which tube is it? I couldn´t find the tube layout of that preamp, absolutely anywhere.... And I didn´t even find the schematic, but even if I did, I would not understand it. So I just need a simple tube layout, with the position numbers and function of the individual tubes. Could you please help me on that one?

Airfish12 said:
vick1000 said:

And which tube is it? I couldn´t find the tube layout of that preamp, absolutely anywhere.... And I didn´t even find the schematic, but even if I did, I would not understand it. So I just need a simple tube layout, with the position numbers and function of the individual tubes. Could you please help me on that one?

You could rotate the tubes around. If the problem changes it's behaviour, you know you've got a dud tube.

ando said:
Airfish12 said:
vick1000 said:

You could rotate the tubes around. If the problem changes it's behaviour, you know you've got a dud tube.

OK, thanks.

Latest posts

Back