Rig setup!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MesaMad1378

Reaction score
Hi all,
I've just got myself a Mesa EQ pedal and am wondering on how different people would set it up. I have this gear Triaxis, 2:90, GMajor 2, GCX, NS-2 and now the Mesa EQ. It is all controlled by the GCP. It goes to 2 Mesa 4x12 cabs. I have been splitting the signal after the NS-2 through a Radial aby, to use the iso transformer and ground lift, to my Dual Rectifier and to 1/2 of my slant cab as well for more bottom grunt.
I've tried the GMajor 2 in the loop of the Triaxis, but have put it back between the Triaxis and 2:90, I think it goes better that way. At the moment the signal out of the Triaxis is mono, to the Eq pedal to the GMajor 2, then out in stereo to the 2:90.

So any people's preferences or ways they have theirs setup would be welcome.

Cheers Brett

You know, I've been thinking about this, but have yet to purchase the EQ pedal...

My first thought was to put it in the FX loop of the Tri, using the GCX for switching it in and out as required with a CC message from the GCP.

BTW: how does the pedal perform?
Stu

I like the pedal a lot, I watched some videos that people had put on YouTube, they seemed to not have much range with it. When I move the sliders on this one it has a lot more adjustment than they seemed to get. Maybe it has to do with where I have it in the chain at the moment.
It has done exactly what I was hoping for, given me more depth of tone, which is what we are all after right.

Cheers Brett

Back