Triaxis forgetting program/preset links

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stimpy2468

Reaction score
Hey everyone.

Has anyone come across this problem or got any suggestions as to a solution?

On occasion my Triaxis has reverted to its factory presets thus losing all my settings, so, midi saving would give me a back-up yeah?
I've used both the old and the new Triaxis editors, both communicate ok, upload and download, only both of them lose the link between my program numbers and preset numbers, all the programs revert to preset 1, scrolling through the presets they are all there its just the link that vanishes.

So the plus side is that I can use the editor to save a record of my settings, and even upload them back but I have to re-enter the program locations to the relative presets, not too bad as I stick to program 1 = preset 1( i'll worry about preset 91 if that ever happens lol)

I also lose any CC settings I've programed in but I can do without that if I have to.

Suggestions anyone?

Cheers :)

Ok, so sort of figured out what's happening.

This is the midi chain: Laptop midi interface out to Digitech GSP1101 midi in, GSP1101 midi out/through to Triaxis midi in, Triaxis midi out to laptop midi interface in.

For some reason the midi signal passing through the Digitech is losing some info by the time it reaches the Triaxis, if I take the Digitech out of the loop it receives all the info perfectly, tested it a few times back and forth and 100% sure that is what is happening. Problem is that I need the Digitech midi out to go to the Triaxis midi in to control the program changes and allow the Digitech pedal to act as the continuous controller.

I'm fairly new to midi so if anyone has any ideas on how to connect differently or deal with the issue I would be grateful, otherwise I have to rewire to program, then rewire to test, there must be an easier way, I'm currently on midi channel 1 for everything by the way.

I await your expertise guys :)

(Great thing is though I can now backup my Triaxis once its all programmed)

stimpy2468 said:
Hey :)

Good call, any idea where it is in the unit or what battery it is?

Steve

It's been ages since I changed mine - I'm really struggling to remember where it is. I think it was under a metal cover of some sort. It's just one of those coin sized, flat round batteries like the ones on computer motherboards.

Back