Triaxis Java Editor - My own app -> PC and MAC

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fcampanini

Reaction score
Dears,
it's exact 3 years away since when I submitted the first post about my PC editor software for Mesa Triaxis. And here I am again with a new one :)

From the very first moment I started distributing my software, I got requests from MAC users which I haven't been able to satisfy due to the nature of the platform I used to develop it, Microsoft .NET.

On top of the point above, even if most of the feedbacks I got from people installing the software were not bad, there still was some instability problem with the MIDI library I used which was an open source very small distribution.

For these reasons and for the surprisingly high number of people that all along the 3 years has kept on asking me, I decided to rewrite the application in Java which not only has a mature and solid cross platform basement, but also offers inside the standard library a state of the art MIDI capability for both Standard and Extended versions.

Now, before to start distributing the PC version of this new application to people who might be interested, I would like to focus in completing and debugging the MAC version. As of today i came to achieve a reasonably stable and functional beta version at least inside my VirtualBox MAC virtual machine. Which clearly is not a MAC :)

Here guys is where I need some help from someone of you.

To the first 5 of you who will volunteer, I will distribute the new app, instructions on how to install it (super simple) and some test plan for a private beta testing program. The test plans will be easy and quick to execute. I will establish a deadline for each plan after which i will collect the feedback and make my debug.
What it's required here is a MAC, a MIDI interface or sound card with MIDI capability to connect to the Triaxis, a Traixis version 2 and some discipline in executing the plans in order to give me a chance to make an effective debug.
Let me be clear in saying that timing will be super relaxed, so no hurry for you to test as well as for me to debug.

If you are interested in helping me in this activity just drop me a private message.

Thanks and ciao,

Filo

My day job is software engineering. My primary development tool is being deprecated by M$. I am evaluating "File Maker Pro" as a successor. Do want to spend forever writing and debugging tedious C++ code. Have a lot of tome with Javascript and Javascript objects and client apps and scripting services exposed by all the non ww5 compliant cheats IE offers.

Have you found the port addressing schema for the TA midi board?

The TA is the first preamp that I could actually the difference in a .5 change of the combs and filters. If an interface could be inside a timer loop running step ups/downs routines on the tone controls. An automated step sweep could produce some exotic effects. Like holding down the TA program stepper. I recall one of the multi effect manufacturer's provided source code.. I downloaded the setup file for a VBA TA controller from tony mckenzie - looked at the contents and there was no source files. Wrote Tony, an he wasn't sure ohf that tools legacy and suggested I write a port sniffer - so i set the project aside.

Your post seems to imply you have port addresses for the TA's midi controller? I would collaborate with you. Not interested so much in monietizing.. as i am on saving wear and tear on the TA up/down "steppers". And, 4-sure, the auriel outcomes of automated sequence sweeps through the TA's controls be an interesting teaser.

But if my read is correct, you have a prototype JavaScript interface that can address the TA midi controller when the computer is connecter to the TA midi i/o plug? Cool - love to check it. With FM Pro, an iOS app is feasible (i think). It may require a UBS tether. Do you have a video demo?

interesting cagatha guy.

I've got a recent MacBook Pro, a Motu Fastlane, and a Triaxis v2, and would be willing to help out a bit with testing.

Hello,

Is this support still on going?

I recently bought a Triaxis, v2.0 and I would like to get your Java Editor.
How can I get it?

fyi: I am also a computer scientist, so if you need any help with debugging or anything, feel free to ask me.
Last but not least, is there any way to give you a tip for your work? I feel grateful for such works. For instance, I also have TC-Electronic G-Major and someone like you created the RealMajor editor. You guys are the best!

Cheers,
Giorgos

Latest posts

Back