MIDI control of the 2:90 voicings

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r33per

Reaction score
So I use the usual switch connections on the Triaxis to connect to Deep and Modern on the 2:90 (don't use half-drive). I'm considering making the change to use the switch control on the TC Gmaj2 to connect to these voicings so that I can control them in real-time i.e. dynamically switch them off and on, should I feel the need to, using my foot controller.

I'm assuming that such a configuration is possible, but I'm wondering if others on the board have tried this, used this, abandoned this? Any info is good :)

Stu

I did it. It's pretty easy to setup. Each Triaxis patch has the option to use the 4 switches. All you do is connect 3 short cables from the switch jacks on the Tri running to the 3 switches on the 2:90. Then save your Tri patches according to the power amp modes you want to use. Then use the TC GM2 to send the MIDI out number to recall those patches on the Tri which match the effects patch on the GM2.

When you go to do it, it's really not hard.

Thanks, ando.

I've already got the Tri switches connected to the 2:90 voicings and it works great. I guess I'm just interested if I can use the TC Gmajor2 switch to do the same thing, but MIDI control it. So if (for whatever reason) I want to turn off Deep, I can just push the IA switch on my MIDI controller.

Stu

Oh ok, I didn't realise you wanted to do that. I can't think of a time when I wanted to toggle the modes manually onstage. The GM2 does have 2 relay switches which can operate analog switches on the 2:90, but I can't recall if it's possible to switch them as a manual parameter from a pedal board. I think they were intended to be used as part of your MIDI presets (switches stored in your patches as on or off), so probably not easily switchable.

But you can easily buy latching switches which you can run with a cable and put them next to your other foot controllers.

You only need a double switch, by the sound of it, to control Deep and Modern.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/DUAL-LATCHING-ON-OFF-WHITE-FOOTSWITCH-Suit-ORANGE-Guitar-Amplifiers-/371532025003?hash=item568108ccab:g:8LoAAOSwv0tU48h3

That's what I would do if I wanted to do what you are asking.

You can set the relays in the G-Major to respond to MIDI CC commands, and assign the CC# to a button on your foot pedal. You would need an insert cable to split the relays. You can program the initial relay state with each preset, and then control it after the fact with the foot pedal.

~Icarusuki

Back