Is it works for TriAxis? Rocktron MIDI Cable 5 to 7 Pin

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KingPetrucci

Reaction score
the triaxis is 7 pin midi in
but my foot controller is 5 pin in (free the tone ARC-3)

is ok?

thank you

Authorized Boogie said:
If you're not using the phantom power feature, you only need to use a 5-pin cable. Thanks!
I'm sure my foot controller is no need the phantom power
but I want to know the triaxis 7 pin, which unit is for phantom power?

thank you so much

KingPetrucci said:
Authorized Boogie said:
If you're not using the phantom power feature, you only need to use a 5-pin cable. Thanks!

thank you so much

From the manual:

PHANTOM POWER: The coax power jack above the A.C. line cord can provide power to a Midi foot controller, through the 7 pin Midi
IN jack. This is accomplished by connecting an external A.C. to D.C. power
adapter of correct voltage and polarity for whatever type of foot controller
you are using to the coax jack on the rear panel of TriAxis.

Connect a 7-pin DIN cable between the Midi In jack on the TriAxis and the
Midi Out jack on the foot controller. This negates the need for a clumsy power adaptor on the stage.
NOTE: 7 -Pin DIN cable will not fit into 5-Pin DIN jacks. Check to see that your foot controller accepts 7-Pin DIN cables and is wired
to accept Power in this manner...and of the proper voltage match to TriAxis’ phantom power output.

Authorized Boogie said:
KingPetrucci said:
Authorized Boogie said:

thank you so much

From the manual:

PHANTOM POWER: The coax power jack above the A.C. line cord can provide power to a Midi foot controller, through the 7 pin Midi
IN jack. This is accomplished by connecting an external A.C. to D.C. power
adapter of correct voltage and polarity for whatever type of foot controller
you are using to the coax jack on the rear panel of TriAxis.

Connect a 7-pin DIN cable between the Midi In jack on the TriAxis and the
Midi Out jack on the foot controller. This negates the need for a clumsy power adaptor on the stage.
NOTE: 7 -Pin DIN cable will not fit into 5-Pin DIN jacks. Check to see that your foot controller accepts 7-Pin DIN cables and is wired
to accept Power in this manner...and of the proper voltage match to TriAxis’ phantom power output.
my foot controller just 5 pin out :cry:

Authorized Boogie said:
Right...so use a 5-pin from your foot controller to the Triaxis....you only need a 7-pin if you are using the phantom power!
you mean I can use 5-pin input the TriAxis 7-pin socket?

Yes. The extra two pins send power to the foot controller. The other five pins (technically only three) receive MIDI from the controller. A 5 pin midi cable will plug into a 7 pin midi socket with no problem, just make sure it's lined up properly

Wouldn't this be better

http://www.ebay.com/itm/262265965935?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Back