Triaxis setting to do a Fender twin or Lonestar

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shredhead7

Reaction score
I'm new here, but I've owned a Triaxis + 50/50 since 2000. I bought it trying to do the Petrucci thing back in the day and my settings are pretty consistent with his tone. A pristine clean on Green and various gains on Ld2 Green and Yellow. I love the sounds that I get, but I've recently really rediscovered Andy Timmons and Eric Johnson and I'm trying to come up with something that does their clean tones.

So Eric uses Fender Twins and we all know Andy is using the Lonestar. I would like to do what Andy is doing now, which is using the clean channel and boosting it for his lead. I haven't quite been able to get a sound close enough for that. The cleans are too clean and there really isn't a great in between sound, to get that Hendrix 'Little Wing' sound. I've tried a lot of different things over the years, but this thing always yield surprises, so I'm throwing this out there. If you have a good Twin or Lonestar clean setting, I would love to see it!

I'm very interested in this as well!

Here are the clean settings that I've been using. I really like them, but my Formula preamp has much warmer cleans.
I'm using a Fractal FX-8 with a mild chorus and ducking delay, as well as a 20/20 power amp.

Channel - RHY Green
Gain - 4.5
Treble - 7.0
Middle - 5.5
Bass - 5.0
Master - 4.5
Dynamic Voice - 7.0

Sounds great with a Strat or humbuckers, but I'd like more of a Fender Twin or Lonestar sound for sure!

Latest posts

Back