NAD: Triaxis, 20/20, and Recto 2x12!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monsta-Tone

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
I sold a ton of pedals and raised enough money to buy a Triaxis, 20/20, and a Rectifier 2x12 cab!
Version 2 with no Fat Mod! TX4D board.

I'm really loving most of the sounds.
So far, the Green Clean and Lead 2 Yellow and Red are my favorites.

I'd really like to find a good sound in Lead 1 Red. So far all of the Lead 1 sounds are very muddy with farty bass. Lead 1 Red is really bad.
Any settings tips would be greatly appreciated!

The tone stack on the triaxis is like the old mark series. So if you use a lot of gain/distortion, start with the bass at 0. The dynamic voice is like the 5 band GEQ but have fixed settings.

When I had one, I always used the LD2 yellow. I had the fifty/fifty poweramp along with the Triaxis.

Thanks! I had the bass at 0 and it was still too muddy.
I realized yesterday though, that the presence was really low.
Busy week so far. Haven't had time to mess with it more.

As soon as I can though, I want to try the Lead 1 Red again with more presence and treble to see if it is less muddy that way.

DeathMagnetic said:
need more power.. try 50 or 90 watts per side...
There's one in every group. :roll:

Mess around with the tone stack and DV a bit. The Tri is pretty picky about certain settings but you should be able to get familiar with them with one or two good jam sessions. Have fun!

Awesome, congrats!

I have the same setup. (including TA version)
I love the Lead 1 Red, mainly its punchness and low end.
I have the gain set quite low (between 4.5 - 5.5), the bass around 6.5, the Lead 1 drive higher for saturation at around 6.5-8.5 and for me the tricky for taming the lows is to increase the mid untill the low end in under control, then scooping the tone later with the dynamic voice (which normally I dont use more than 1.0-2.0).
I also use it with a 4x12 recto traditional (smaller, tighter, more focused one).

Boost the mids to8 - 10. Lower your gain and drive to 5 or 6. Dynamic voice at 6ish. Bass 0-1.

For ld1 red I always keep the gain at 6.0 and adjust from there. I have a couple of tones setup:

Liquidy lead:
6.0 6.0 0.0 4.5 5.5 0.0 7.0 0.0 0.0

Recto crunch
6.0 9.0 3.0 7.0 3.0 0.0 5.0 0.0 0.0

Recto mids crunch
6.0 5.0 10 0.0 4.0 0.0 4.5 0.0 0.0

Recto chunk
6.0 8.0 2.0 7.5 5.5 0.0 5.0 9.0 0.0

I should say that I use a 2:90 and I have Mullard CV4024 in V2. Also a GEQ is great for dialling out some of the bass...

Also, from the Tube: https://youtu.be/UWO4Wi9z-20

Stu

Back