New guy!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swede in LA

Reaction score
Figured i just say hi here, since this will the sub forum I will frequent exclusively.

Nice to be here.......Waiting for a Carvin TS100, and will run it through a 1960B with Greenbacks.

Im a Les Paul in to a Marshall guy :shock: But I like the Mesa tones too, especially the older Boogie tones.

Welcome.

You may find the rack pieces sub forum a little slow these days. Every once in awhile someone joins looking for more info on an older piece of kit, but its not typically enough to drive daily traffic on the subject.

Thank you...

I have a question, maybe you can help.

The Carvin TS100 is 50/50 stereo or 100 watt bridged.

I want to run it as 50 watt mono?

I have a 4X12 cab with 25 watt greenbacks = 100 watt, and I dont wanna run the TS100 as a 100 watt unit, and I dont wanna have to get higher powered speakers or an additional cabinet?

Is that doable?

50 watts output is fine into a 100 watt cabinet. If you use only one side of your power amp, just match up the correct ohm setting on the amp and cabinet and you will be fine.

I haven't used greenbacks before but as far as I know 100 watts of power amp juice into a 100 watt cabinet should be ok as well.

There are some pictures on the link below of the back of the amp so you can see the switches that you need to change to match up the amp output and cabinet input.

http://www.carvinamplifiers.com/products/ts100-100w-tube-power-amp

Thanks Rob...I was under the impression that there only was option for stereo 5o watt or mono 100 watt. Not 50 watt mono ( 1 cab only)
??

You know what I think you are right. I was thinking of another power amp that you could turn on one side.

Why don't you just take your pick and run 50 watt stereo or 100 mono? You could still use one cabinet.

By the sound of it your cab doesn't have stereo inputs. The way it would work is two speakers goes to one side of your power amp (50watts) and the other two go to the other side (50watts). Each side would have it's own input jack.

Latest posts

Back