Triaxis, Quad Preamp, Stereo Power series, Recto Preamp

Moderators: Guitarzan, Grandor, ned

comp
Bottle Rocket

[Triaxis] Buttons don't respond

Post by comp » Thu May 21, 2015 6:46 am

Greetings,

I have Triaxis + 2:90 rig and experience two problems:
1. All the buttons on Triaxis don't respond. The only thing that works is the volume knob.
However, the MIDI Footswitch works fine and I'm able to switch presets. But I can't adjust them manually because none of the buttons work.
I have the system wired according to the Scheme 1 in the manual.
I tried to disconnect all the cables (except power), but the buttons still don't respond. The FX Loop light is lit even though all the cables are disconnected.

2. Another problem:
The volume is dropped by 60-80% after 10-15 minutes of playing. So that you start with the loud guitar and in 10 minutes the volume suddenly decreases.

Any ideas how to fix 1 and 2?
Thanks!

a2dconverter
Mark II

Re: [Triaxis] Buttons don't respond

Post by a2dconverter » Fri May 22, 2015 7:33 am

Greetings comp

both problems may be related, but, the button problem is most likely a mechanical problem around the button membrane switch and the level drop is probably a failing LDR or tube.

If you have access to open the Triaxis, you will see where the front membrane switch connects to the circuit board...I don't have a picture of that, but, here's a pic of a defective membrane switch showing part of the blue connector that might have been dislodged.

otherwise, unfortunately, it sounds like your Triaxis will need a visit with MESA techs.

I hope this helps

seeya

Joe