Fifty Fifty owners, got a question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masher

Reaction score
Does the fifty fifty have the same volume on ch A as Ch B?, reason I ask is.
I just got my 50 50 back from repair shop, they replaced some orange caps and 1 blue one to resolve my overheating tube. A new set of tubes and some hard earned dollars later I'm still having an issue with channel A volume. I mentioned it to them when I dropped it off, but the real issue was overheating which seems to be fixed. I was on my way to work so I didn't check it in shop. The place is close by though.
Channel A won't back down to zero volume, it seems to be about 3-4 of what would be on ch B. Ch B zero allows some sound to flow through, but it is low enough that playing in bedroom it's loud enough to hear, but doesn't leave the room.
Ch A is to loud to play in house without backing down on the preamp volume, or effects unit.
Any ideas what this could be?.
This has been an issue for as long as I've had the amp,(over 15 yrs) but I was looking forward to having this issue resolved. I just use ch B.
Think I should mention it to them?, they were supposed to go over the amp w a fine toothed comb.

The volume and behavior of the Volume pots / Presence pots should be the same on both channels.

I´d start with replacing the pots (have they been replaced/renewed in the last 15 years?)....
Here´s some Mod Info on a Mod for the 50/50 issued by MB shortly after the Triaxis came out....part of it was some surplus/extra mod to address buzz/hum...this takes the connections from the vol pots from the PCB and puts them directly to the Input Tube socket legs....
Mine, apart from sounding ways better than before, was dead quiet (in a good way) after doing the whole mod...

Here you go:
http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=55963

Channels A and B should be identical.

I guess you should visit another tech just in case.

Back