Space between a triaxis and 2:90

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nazgul666

Reaction score
Do you guys stack one on top of the other or do you leave an open space for heat dissipation. And if you do, then what supports the weight of the Triaxis?

Thanks,

Mike

guskott said:
I use a 4U rack case, leaving 1U space between the 290 and the Triaxis.

Is the a triaxis supported only by 4 screws in the front rail or do you have some type of support rail under it?

Hi Mike,

Here is a pic from when I was building my rack showing brackets with rubber bumpers to support the back of the Triaxis

support.jpg

I would say that the rear support is very necessary as I have seen Triaxis with bent front panels.

As far as cooling, my 50:50 Power Amp is in a separate rack case and the Triaxis is soooo deep that there is a lot of room in the back for air to flow.

2.JPG

If you are racking the Triaxis with a 2:90, I would recommend a 1 RU space between them with a vented panel.

Here is the completed rack front & back...

7.JPG

9.JPG

More Pix here... http://stagecue.com/triaxis.html

I hope this helps!

seeya

Joe

Is the a triaxis supported only by 4 screws in the front rail or do you have some type of support rail under it?

Yes. Only the 4 screws. No type of support rail.
I don't need it cause its a 4U rack case and the Triaxis is on top of the rack. Nothing sits above it.

Thanks guys. Good info.

Joe, I have that exact same Furman Unit. I was thinking about removing it from the rack and just using a Monster power strip/surge protector on the floor.

Thoughts? It would make the rack lighter and let me get down to a 4u. 2:90 , Triaxis, Rocktron Xpression

Hello Naz,

You can place a standard power bar in the back of the rack, but, beside a little surge protection and filtering that the Monster power bar and Furman Rack have, the Furman has one feature that the Monster doesn't have... the E.V.S. (Extreme-Voltage-Shutdown). That feature will not allow a voltage of greater than 133 VAC, (a reverse brown-out), to pass to your equipment.

A reverse-brownout is rare, but, with the Furman installed you don't have to worry about it. If you really need the space, the power bar will work for you and will probably never cause a problem.... (you probably have a pedal-board powered by a Voodoo Lab power supply that doesn't have most of that protection)

I hope this helps

Seeya

Joe

Back