Triaxis sounds

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitar_gazza

Reaction score
I know the Triaxis is well known for its rock sounds but has anyone had to get good country sounds and really nice clean lead sounds from it? I've experimented a bit but would like some other opinions.

Thanks in advance.

Gear:
Tom Anderson Grand Am and Fender Telecaster 52 reissue
Triaxis (non phat)
T. C. Electronic G-Force
And I'm using the power stage of a Mesa Mark III amp for a power amp

I've been experimenting myself with different styles and settings from my Triaxis/2:50 combo (together with a TC G-Force and DBX 166xl as noise gate). It's very versatile, that's for sure - and can do way more than just the usual Rectifier stuff. I have no settings to share yet - and I believe that different power amps and speakers may influence the result. In fact, right now I'm using my Marshall 4x12 with G12-T75 speakers which have always been my favorite. So I'm a bit off from the usual Triaxis-2:90-V30 cab combination.

What I find so far is that there are tons of usable clean tones - and not just from the two official clean channels, but rather also from LD 1 and LD 2. Very powerful tools are the Dynamic Voice and Mid settings and would think that's certainly something you want to mess with for country. What is still needed for some things I do is compression (not a lot) and EQ settings that boost the upper mid range. That's something where I think Mesa missed out on. The Dynamic Voice setting all lower the mids - which is good for the recto-ball-to-the-walls stuff (even though you run the risk of getting lost in the mix). A real mid boost is what I prefer for leads instead of raising the volume. So additional EQs in the loop or between Triaxis and power amp are the way to go for this. My G-Force does that relatively convincingly compared to a real EQ so I left it at that to not add additional weight.

If you still want to exchange some settings and audio files let me know.

Tweek to taste, yes the Triaxis can conjure up some very convincing country tones. Why shouldn't it? I can sound like just about anything you want it to with in reason and be flavored with various pedals. Rhythm ch yellow can dial up some fine chick n pick sounds especially when you add in a compressor, and any of the channels even the high gain ld 2 stuff can be used to produce various clean settings to edge of break up rawness when you keep the drive and gain controls down and bring up the master. Over driving the Rhythm Green Chanel by using the bass mid and treble controls can get you into nice tweed kind of tones as can ld1 green. using the Dynamic Voice in conjunction with the the Rhythm channel can produce a tone like the biggest baldest Twin Reverb you ever heard, full and rich. The manual is your friend, Spend time reading it and trying things with the manual in hand, understand their design views for each channel and utilize them to get what you want out of it . Spend hours just exploring till you become familiar with controls and what they do, there is a lot in there but you've got to get in there and find it. good luck.

I agree with everything mentioned above. One thing that I would add that I believe is a very important part to a good country-style tone; A decent Tele or Strat style guitar (important) with a good compressor pedal (more important). It makes a difference. My 2 cents...

Back