Using the Fractal Ax Efx II to switch Channels

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PulsicGuitarFreak

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just got my Mesa Boogie Mark V head a few months ago and I'm LOVING it, and I am planning on buying an Axe FX II soon as well. But one thing I've been thinking about, is how to use them simultaneously to switch channels so i don't have to have the Mark V footswitch on my pedal board. I want to hook the Axe Fx II up to my Mark V and be able to switch channels from the MFC-101. Is there any other piece of equipment i would need to accomplish this and if so how would i go about using it?

To the best of my knowledge, axe-fx (any model) does not have a relay switching system built in. The simplest way to do this would be an RJM mini amp gizmo with the appropriate cable. Other (larger) options include the voodoo lab/ digital music corporation GCX, rock from midi octopus, and I'm sure there are a few others.

For setup, one midi cable from axefx to rjm, and the rjm has a simple routine for saving presets.

Latest posts

Back